I started playing around with the Mono-Android SDK. Pretty cool stuff! Not having developed anything for Android yet, it was admittedly confusing at first trying to figure out the structure of things. For example, the link between the XML UI definition and the actually class objects. Why you have to use + and / in ID, is very odd. I have yet to figure out the meaning behind it.
- Pretty easy to jump into. The visual studio project template jumps you right into it with a very basic application.
- Configuration is reasonably simple. Ultimately, the installer app for Android SDK could never find my Java SDK installation. It worked out in the end though when I just used the .zip archive of the Android SDK and changed the settings in the Visual Studio Mono-Android app to point to the location of the Android SDK.