I am a dedicated and articulate software developer who has a broad range of experience that I believe is a great deal of value to an employer. I am a quick-witted thinker and can breakdown a problem with little effort. At the same time I have a unique ability to visualize a complex problem and provide efficient and clear solutions.
I enjoy what I do and thrive to bring a positive attitude to the people I work with while helping to achieve the company’s common goal.
|C#||Clinical Document Architecture (CDA)||Visual Studio (2005-2017)|
|Transact SQL||Fast Healthcare Interoperable Resources (FHIR)||SQL Server 2000/2005/2012|
|HTML/DHTML||XPath/Schematron||OxygenXML, Altova XML Spy and MapForce|
|R||Angular.JS, Knockout.JS, Express.JS||GIT and SVN|
|XSLT, XQuery||Cross-Enterprise Documentation Sharing (XDS/XCA)||Microsoft Exchange and Sharepoint Server|
|ASP.NET, WinForms, WPF, .NET Web API, .NET Core||Atlassian JIRA|
|Eclipse (Java and PHP)|
|Azure for Web Applications|
Lantana Consulting Group
Sr. Software Architect
At Lantana, Sean began by designing and developing a web service supporting the XCA interface/standard for transmitting documents and metadata between medical systems. He has designed and developed a tool that lets users to scan documents into a medical system. Sean is now the lead engineer and architect for Trifolia Workbench, Camara, and the Validator.
- MASS HIE Surrogate EHR Environment (SEE): Participated in developing SEE’s narrative generation functionality and collaborated in developing the user interface for coded data entry. Promoted to lead engineer and architect for the project in November 2014.
- Camara: Lead engineer and architect since 2014
- Trifolia Workbench: Lead engineer and architect since 2010 (https://trifolia.lantanagroup.com/Help/HTML/)
- Validator: Lead engineer and architect since 2015
- Health Artifact and Image Management Solution (HAIMS): Designed and developed tool to scan documents into HAIMS. Designed and developed interface for transporting CDA documents using the IHE XCA standard
- Consolidated CDA (C-CDA): Co-author of Unstructured Documents document type. Schematron engineer. Provided assistance with template design patterns in Trifolia Workbench
- Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Reporting: Schematron engineer. Assisted with template design patterns in Trifolia Workbench
- UC Davis Terminology Submission: Architected and developed a web-based tool to capture site-specific terminology spreadsheets using a web-based application that integrated with JIRA to provide workflow support to internal terminology specialists
Co-Chair of Structured Documents Working Group
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Assist in maintaining information on WIKI
- Assist in organizing the weekly meeting’s agenda
- Regularly provide input/feedback on topics within the group
TopCoder, Inc. (Glastonbury, CT)
- Traveled to company HQ approx 25% of the time (on average, one week a month). Work from home remaining 75%.
- Manage my time in multiple time-zones as to meet the needs of my company and clients.
- Manage expenses such as travel and office supplies without any discrepencies.
- Started as a “Component Architect”, promoted to “Software Architect” then to “Platform Manager”.
- As a component architect I created component specifications and launched & managed component competitions.
- As a software architect, performed all the duties of a component architect, but on a larger scale for the company projects. I helped make key decisions in the direction of the architecture of one of the largest projects in the company.
- Directed members from all over the world to design and develop components and assemble final application(s).
- As a platform manager, I perform all the duties of a software architect, but also includes the duties of a project manager.
- Manage a range of competitions which include:
- Requirements Gathering
- Component Production (Design and Develop)
- Coordinate company resources to get projects done.
- Company listed in INC 500 two years in a row.
Rehn & Associates, Inc. (Spokane, WA)
Lead Software Developer
- Started as contract developer to work on a startup in-house project for claims processing/administration.
- Created project using C# .Net WinForms and Sql Server 2000.
- Wrote 300,000 lines of code between 2 developers within 6 months.
- Developed scanner and printer interface libraries using Twain drivers and GDI+.
- Proposed and evaluated the use of several development tools which have helped speed the development of the project drastically.
- Deployed project in the beginning of 2006 and has now processed over 1,000,000 claims.
- Promoted to “Lead Software Developer” and head of the project’s second version development while at the same time, supporting the use of the first version.
- Placed in charge of directing two other software developers during the development of version two.
- Lead the development of a document scan inventory project which scans every document in the office and stores for historical purposes.
- Studied and utilized CSLA; A widely popular enterprise application framework library.
- Lead the development of a project which transfers claim information via Electronic Document Interface (EDI) standards utilizing:
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- PGP Encryption
- XML/XSL Transformation
Maplewood Software, Inc. (Spokane, WA)
- Large contributor to the development and maintenance of the company’s very successful software ScheduleRx.
- Studied object oriented software development patterns and practices as a part of company training.
- Developed, maintained and helped manage a number of other outsourced projects.
- Simultaneously worked for Don Adair – owner of a web design company – developing and maintaining web sites for his clients.
Scintillate Services, Inc. (Coeur d’ Alene, ID)
- Managed two sales representatives.
- Trained for management by Business Consultant(s).
- Administrator of six Windows/Linux servers running off a partially dedicated T1.
- Hosted, maintained and designed thirty-two websites simultaneously.
- HL7 – 2011-Present
North Idaho College (Coeur d’ Alene, ID) – 2000-2002
- Computer Sciences
- General Education